mxdpi Forum : Alexander The Great

Forum Navigation FAQSearch Profile Log inRegister

Alexander The Great

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BulletMonk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:18 pm    Post subject: Alexander The Great Reply with quote

I have recently seen this movie and found it astonishing. No it's not that it was really good, Troy was much better but all the facts about Alexander were a big surprise. I used to live in Greece before I moved to Israel and there he is a hero..In the movie he is gay, has 3 or 4 wives and much more...Greece wanted to sue the whole movie!
Kaabi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 10:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend saw it and he said it was gay. Like there was a scene where alexander almost did it with a man, I'm not sure if he was kidding around, but I never took the time to inspect into a matter like that. From your description, Alexander seemed to sleep around. Actually, my friend told me he was bisexual. I thought gays/bis were looked down upon in that day and age, but I guess when you are the king you get to bypass some of those rules. I might see it just because I want to see if it really is bad or not, but to rent it would cost money, so I am faced with a dilemma here.
kinkarso

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I personally never watched this one, but my friend did and he said it sux really badly too. That stopped me from wanting to go see it. The story sounds good though.
BulletMonk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The story is good,but unfortunately they show it in chunks.Alexander did it with his wives but not with a guy,although at some point in the movie his comrades were shouting that he should kiss the male dancer and he did.Then there was this part at the begining of the movie where it sais that Alexander gave up only once in his life becuase his oponent had beutiful thighs...
kinkarso

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 1:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol. ok... Now you're making me want to watch it Smile
bct

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hehehe yeah it wasnt the best movie, they hyped it up alot but it didnt really live up to expectations and theres other movies with similar themes that are alot better.
BulletMonk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes but the interesting point here is that after holywood started messing with greek mythology and came up with Troy people actually thought that hisotry+holywood=great.Alexnader prooved this wrong,but what movies have the same theme?
Anyway,did you know that according to a holywood movie Britain's pride Elizabeth the virgin queen isn't virgin at all?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Movies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: