mxdpi Forum : Rowling Campaigns For Handicapped Children

Forum Navigation FAQSearch Profile Log inRegister

Rowling Campaigns For Handicapped Children

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Literature
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chandu

PostPosted: Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:32 pm    Post subject: Rowling Campaigns For Handicapped Children Reply with quote

Harry Potter creator Jk Rowling has rushed to the aid of handicapped children held in appalling conditions in eastern European institutions.

The author confesses she was repulsed by pictures showing a mentally ill boy incarcerated in a wire cage at an orphanage in Prague, Czech Republic, and is now fronting a campaign to publicise his plight.

The popular writer is penning letters to politicians and ambassadors, under the banner of new charity Children's High Level Group.

She says, "All I saw was his distorted face staring through the wire mesh. He looked deeply distressed, as though he was screaming.

"I felt an instinctive revulsion.

"I hope it will end the acceptance of abandonment of children with physical and mental handicaps."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Literature All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: