mxdpi Forum : James Looks To Target College Crowd

Forum Navigation FAQSearch Profile Log inRegister

James Looks To Target College Crowd

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chandu

PostPosted: Mon Apr 03, 2006 8:25 pm    Post subject: James Looks To Target College Crowd Reply with quote

Soul legend Etta James targeted hip college kids with the new sound of latest album, after being inspired by the sampling-success of Kanye West.

The 68-year-old is confident her new album All The Way will appeal to a younger crowd, because of the popularity of the Gold Digger rapper's track Addiction - which samples her music.

She says, "Well, a lot of young people haven't heard these songs before. I'm hoping it will fit in with the college kids. The ones that don't go to the House of Blues. The ones that don't smoke in the dance halls. The ones that pay attention to what's going on in music.

"You know, when I listen to that Kanye West song that sampled My Funny Valentine, I think the kids are ready for an album like the one I've made. Of course, it's not just for kids."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: