mxdpi Forum : Self Defence

Forum Navigation FAQSearch Profile Log inRegister

Self Defence

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BulletMonk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 17, 2005 4:11 pm    Post subject: Self Defence Reply with quote

I was wondering, does anyone here know any self defence? I used to go to Taek-Wondo, then to ninjitsu and in the end I tried kick boxing. The only place I learned to defend myself was my second Taek-Wondo. The first one had a bad teacher and a huge group, the second one had a group of six children and the teacher was from Korea and was the best teacher ever. We didn't concentrate on it as a sport but as a way to improve physicaly and a way to fight back, not attack.
kinkarso

PostPosted: Wed Oct 19, 2005 8:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My friend when I was in grade 8 knew tycuondo (don't know how to spell it Smile) and when people bully him (which happens a lot), he used to spring into a kungfu stance and he'd be laughed at a lot, which gets him bullied even more. It's one thing to learn self defence, but another to actually use it.
bct

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 5:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got up to a brown belt in karate when i was around 16 but i felt it wasnt really doing anything for me surprisingly. It was all routines and dances and i didnt feel like i could use it in the real world so i stopped doing it.
kinkarso

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Brown belt is really high right? I know black belt is the highest and white belt is the lowest...
bct

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

if i remember brown belt is one below black, but i think its tough to move up to black after that.
BulletMonk

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 7:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting a black belt in karate and taek-wondo(that's how you spell it) is actually pretty easy.The only needed criteria is that you have to be 12 or older,that was my problem when I learned taek-wondo,I was a red belt and becasue of my age I only advanced to black stripe and wasn't allowed to switch to black belt.That's why i chnaged class and went to another teacher,he said that you have to be 14 but I stayed there becasue as i said in my first post he was really good.
Also,doing stances in front of bullies doesn't help.A good punch in the stomache will do it though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Sports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: