mxdpi Forum : mad men:i can not help but like it

Forum Navigation FAQSearch Profile Log inRegister

mad men:i can not help but like it

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Television
View previous topic :: View next topic  
lucky111

PostPosted: Mon Oct 25, 2010 6:56 am    Post subject: mad men:i can not help but like it Reply with quote

mad men dvd was a surprising American series indeed,I can't help but like mad men dvd. It is beautifully shot, cleverly written and I just love the time period. However, the self admitted liberal writer and creator goes way over the top in his attempt to paint my Father's generation as a bunch of over masculine, bigoted, callous, ugly Americans. His message is obvious. Look at how we used to be. Better be thankful that diversity, multiculturalism, feminism and sensitive men have replaced these cavemen. Never mind that our public schools were the best in the world in 1960, our streets were safer and our children had childhoods.

Every single performance in man men is great and true to the times. Jon Hamm is the walking definition of cool with his performance as Draper. Elizabeth Moss is perfect as a woman who doesn't want to play by the rules of the times and keep that innocence. In my opinion though, it is John Slattery who steals the show. Every scene he is in he steals, if it is a comedic or emotional scene.

I can't say enough about mad men dvd, it is so deep and involving. I really don't understand the hate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Television All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: