mxdpi Forum : Is TV evil?

Forum Navigation FAQSearch Profile Log inRegister

Is TV evil?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Television
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teknofriend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 6:55 am    Post subject: Is TV evil? Reply with quote

Everyone has a different idea on this topic. Some believe TV should be banned from the family living room because it corrupts our youth and waste time. While the advocates believe TV is good for your kids and inform them of important matters. I think there should be moderation in how we let our children watch TV and not let ourselves too dependent on TV on everything. Kids are pressured to do what their peers are doing and watching and it's the parent's job to make sure they don't become self-destructive. For me, I love watching TV but I don't become too involved in what I see on the screen. If I hear some news I think is doubtful, I search for facts through the internet, books and articles. As a kid, TV is just an entertaining box that sits in front of my couch but now that I gets older, I use TV as a force to challenge my brain and select programs that are meaningful.

Do you think TV is evil?
Kaabi

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

TV isn't evil. If all kids did was watch TV and do homework, we would be fine. They wouldn't be out mixing chemicals to create crystal methamphetamine in a private lab only a few blocks away from their houses. Besides, TV is great. It's got great shows and if parents really are overprotective they could set that V-Chip thing, but I think that would only spawn some rebellion, possibly getting into an organized crystal meth dealership.
kinkarso

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I've never thought of TV being evil. Well, some kinds of shows are probably evil, but there are always nice ones, like Treehouse or something.
zypherious

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think TV is evil either and when it comes to controlling what you watch, it's your choice. I don't agree with people complaining about the brainwashing of TV to their children because parents today have the ultimate responsibility to control what their children watch. And while I'm at it, FCC shouldn't bother to tell us what we can watch or cannot. You can't let a minority control the society based on their values.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Television All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: