Joined: 27 Oct 2005
|Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 6:41 am Post subject: 'The Average American'
|In 2003, author Kevin O'Keefe set out to find the "most-average" American. He talked to magicians in Maryland and cattle farmers in Kansas. But in the end, the author returned to his hometown in Connecticut to find what he was looking for. O'Keefe talks about his path from overachievement to self-acceptance and what it means to be ordinary in the United States.
This book has a lot of funny facts about average Americans and some of them include:
• Eats peanut butter at least once a week
• Prefers smooth peanut butter over chunky
• Can name all Three Stooges
• Lives within a 20-minute drive of a Wal-Mart
• Eats at McDonald's at least once a year
• Takes a shower for approximately 10.4 minutes a day
• Never sings in the shower
You'll find yourself glue to this entertaining book!