mxdpi Forum : Mel Gibson's APOCLYPTO

Forum Navigation FAQSearch Profile Log inRegister

Mel Gibson's APOCLYPTO

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teknofriend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:46 am    Post subject: Mel Gibson's APOCLYPTO Reply with quote

So what's next for Mel Gibson after 'The Passion of the Christ'? By the way, the hundreds millions of dollars earned by the movie is bankrolled for himself. This time, Gibson will be shooting a picture entitled APOCALYPTO (Greek for "unveiling" or "new beginning) starring a bunch of unknown Mexican actors speaking in an ancient foreign tongue (the Mayan tongue of Yucateco). Gibson recently held a news conference to "satisfy people's curiosity" about the film, but doesn't seem to have mentioned WHY he has these people speaking a foreign language instead of English -- I hope it's not just for the sake of novelty. PS: Don't forget to cast Monica Bellucci in it though.

Gibson will apparently begin shooting the film on November 14th in the jungles of Mexico's Veracruz state. The film will be set 1600 years ago, prior to the 16th century Spanish conquest of Mexico, and will NOT feature an appearance by the now-bearded movie-star himself. The film will apparently be "light on dialogue and heavy on images and action." Other than that, the most he would give away about the plot was that it was a story "...a man and his woman, his child and his father, his community," and that the man is "...put in an incredibly heightened, stressful situation and has to overcome tremendous obstacles. So it's a universal story in that respect." The film's release date is sometime in 2006.
killian

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no! Somebody please stop this man... Of course, it's going to be for novelty. He is any even bigger narcisitic actor-turned-director than Clint Eastwood.

I am sure it will get all sorts of media hype and everyone will pretend to like and "get" it. That will be great. A bunch of redneck wannabe critics discussing his "vision".

Sorry, I just don't like Mel Gibson. Could you tell?
zypherious

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once upon a time, I fell in love with 'Brave Heart' and thought it was one of the best movies I've ever seen. I watch 'Pocahontas' and 'Ransom' and they were great, well-made movies and there's no doubt that Mel Gibson is a very talented man. However, it really upsets me that he has made a religious film and worse, capitalizing on it. Remember he released the another version of 'passion of the christ'? I don't understand that.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Movies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: