mxdpi Forum : Stallone to Star in Sixth 'Rocky' Movie

Forum Navigation FAQSearch Profile Log inRegister

Stallone to Star in Sixth 'Rocky' Movie

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chandu

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 6:33 pm    Post subject: Stallone to Star in Sixth 'Rocky' Movie Reply with quote

Yo Adrian! Rocky is planning another comeback. Fifteen years after starring in "Rocky V," Sylvester Stallone is reprising his role as the boxing champ in the sixth "Rocky" movie, publicist Michelle Bega said Monday.

The 59-year-old actor will write and direct "Rocky Balboa," which will begin shooting in Philadelphia and Las Vegas next year.

Stallone told the Daily Variety trade magazine the movie will focus on an aging, widowed Rocky who is reluctant to get back in the ring but ends up doing it "just to compete, not to win."

"I am drawing on a lot of my feelings that are in sync with many people's feelings about facing the last chapter of their lives and how they want it to be written," Stallone said.

Dan Taylor, president of Metro-Goldwyn-Mayer, which is co-producing the film, said the movie focuses less on boxing and more on character.

"It's about self-examination, an opportunity to see what kind of person he is and act on it," Taylor said.

It wasn't immediately clear whether Talia Shire, who appeared in five previous "Rocky" films as the boxer's love interest, Adrian, will return in the sixth installment, said Stuart Herriot, a spokesman with Revolution Studios, which is co-producing the film.

"In the script, she did pass away, but it's unsure whether she might appear in a flashback or in older footage," Herriot said. "It's too early in the production to tell."

But, Herriot said, Burt Young is expected to return as Adrian's brother, Paulie.

Stallone wrote all the "Rocky" films and directed the second, third and fourth entries.

The first movie, released in 1976, won three Oscars, including best picture and best director for John G. Avildsen.
Kaabi

PostPosted: Tue Oct 18, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, Sylvester Stallone is really getting old. The part I really remember him in is Cliffhanger, I've never seen the end of that movie... but I've seen it on TV so many times, at least part of it. 59 years old? Well, he's really strong so I bet he'll stay healthy for a long time. I've seen Rocky I and I think Rocky IV... there are so many I seem to have lost track which I've seen. I don't think it's right for there to be another Rocky, there has been enough already. Besides, I really didn't like the Rocky series, perhaps that is because I do not have a sophisticated taste in movies. But it's all opinion, no one's decision is right or wrong, unless you think "The Cave" was good, then you're wrong.
bct

PostPosted: Thu Oct 20, 2005 8:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I wonder how he will go being older now.
Great movies though and i look forward to it as long as they do it properly and dont just do it as a cash in.
killian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am going to go out on a limb here and say that it's probably going to be a disaster. I mean stallone looks like a grandpa now. Who wants to see grandpa Rocky?

Not to mention that he already did how many about coming out of retirement.
zypherious

PostPosted: Sun Oct 30, 2005 12:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I only watched the first 'Rocky' film and I thought it was good enough and I don't know why they produce so many sequels out of it. It tents to get boring and now they want a fifth sequel? I'm sure Stallone can pull this one off since he looks like he's in good health but hopefully, it will be the end of it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Movies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: