mxdpi Forum : 10 Films To Compete for Animation Oscar

Forum Navigation FAQSearch Profile Log inRegister

10 Films To Compete for Animation Oscar

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Celebrities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuttylove

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 10:48 am    Post subject: 10 Films To Compete for Animation Oscar Reply with quote

Ten films will compete in the “Best Animated Feature Film” category in the 2005 Academy Awards competition. Nominees include Chicken Little, Madagascar, and Wallace & Gromit.

The complete list of 10 eligible films are:
Chicken Little
Gulliver's Travel
Hoodwinked
Howl's Moving Castle
Madagascar
Robots
Steamboy
Tim Burton's Corpse Bride
Valiant
Wallace & Gromit: The Curse of the Were-Rabbit

The 10 films have been accepted as eligible to compete by the executive committee of the short films and feature animation branch of the Academy, which has recommended to the Academy's Board of Governors that the category be activated and the Award be given for this year.
alice_in8

PostPosted: Fri Nov 18, 2005 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I vote for Howl's Moving Castle. As usual with Miyazaki's films it's a whole journey by itself. The other films are very good too but I don't think any of them are Oscar quality/originality. I have seen Tim Burton's Corpse Bride though, anyone seen this yet? What do you think?

I'm kinda surprised there's Robots and Chicken Little in the list they are kinda light weights.
nuttylove

PostPosted: Sat Nov 19, 2005 9:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm surprised to see 'Chicken Little' on the list because it's a complete animation mess. Robots is much better with great animation effects and original script. I would vote for Tim Burton's Corpse Bride or Wallce and Gromit because those two are highly imaginative and took a lot of time and effort to develop.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Celebrities All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: