mxdpi Forum : ABBA Member Composes Ring Tone for Charity

Forum Navigation FAQSearch Profile Log inRegister

ABBA Member Composes Ring Tone for Charity

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teknofriend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 5:17 am    Post subject: ABBA Member Composes Ring Tone for Charity Reply with quote

STOCKHOLM, Sweden - Former ABBA member Benny Andersson has composed a ring tone for mobile phones that will be sent to people who donate money to the Swedish Red Cross' annual Christmas collection drive, the organization said Friday. To get the ring tone, called Red Xmas, Swedes must donate 50 kronor about $6 by sending a text message from their mobile phones to a special number set up by the Red Cross. The donation will then be added to their phone bill, and a link to download the ring tone will be sent to their phones.

"I have not done anything like this before, so when the Red Cross asked, of course I agreed to do it," Andersson said. "Since the Red Cross is a good organization, I wanted to do my part to help." The goal of the campaign is to collect at least 22 million kronor $2.7 million to help the organization's activities in Sweden.

Andersson was part of the Swedish supergroup in the 1970s and 1980s, and has since written several musicals together with fellow ABBA member Bjorn Ulvaeus.
zypherious

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's good to see that old band members are using their time to help good causes.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: