mxdpi Forum : Shadowmancer

Forum Navigation FAQSearch Profile Log inRegister

Shadowmancer

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Literature
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BulletMonk

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 7:59 pm    Post subject: Shadowmancer Reply with quote

This book is written by a guy called G.P Taylor and it's one of the books that in my opinion are equal in quality to the Discworld series.The book is about power and an evil man who seeks it.Fortunately for the people of that world a person from over the sea comes bearing new teachings and teaches a young boy,that is where all the good stuff begins!
alice_in8

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2005 11:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds interesting I'm going to check it out next time I'm at the bookstore.

Thanks for letting us know, I'm always looking for something good to read.
Kaabi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:30 pm    Post subject: Re: Shadowmancer Reply with quote

BulletMonk wrote:
This book is written by a guy called G.P Taylor and it's one of the books that in my opinion are equal in quality to the Discworld series.The book is about power and an evil man who seeks it.Fortunately for the people of that world a person from over the sea comes bearing new teachings and teaches a young boy,that is where all the good stuff begins!

This is so familiar... it feels like I've read it a long time ago. Is the boy in the book named Christopher? Because if it is then I've read it, but I don't remember a lot. It sounds really good though, reminds me of Harry Potter.
BulletMonk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 5:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it does kind of remind me of harry Poter as well.No there is no Christopher.I think the main characters name is Thomas but I don't remember the name of the of the other guy.
teknofriend

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 1:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never read that book before but I enjoy any type of medival/fantasy books and it sounds like something I might like. I think that after I read 'Harry Potter' books, I also like to read books like 'Jonathan Strange and Mr.Norrell' by Susanna Clark, or 'Thief Lord'. Those books are as equally good as Harry Potter, perhaps even better. Have you heard of those books?
BulletMonk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No I haven't.But,I have heard of Harry Potter parodies like Barry Trotter.Tania Grotter and Porry Gatter.These are all book series worthy of competing with Harry Potter even if they are just parodies.
teknofriend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I haven't heard of those Harry Potter parody books you mentioned but I don't think they were as good as the original book series. I'm sure they are funny though.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Literature All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: