mxdpi Forum : Blur

Forum Navigation FAQSearch Profile Log inRegister

Blur

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zypherious

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 8:56 am    Post subject: Blur Reply with quote

Blur will continue as a three piece for their next studio set, frontman Damon Albarn has revealed.With the seminal British act now established as a three piece, following the departure of Graham Coxon in 2002, Albarn said in an interview this week that the band were preparing to record the follow up to 2003's "Think Tank" (of which Coxon contributed a solitary track) despite his best efforts to bring the guitarist back into the band.

"There is a Blur record at the moment but it's very basic," he told Hong Kong's RTHK3 radio station. "The reason why it's so basic is we decided that if we're going to make another record it's just got to be the three of us and I've got to play guitar. And because I'm such a rudimentary guitarist it has to be really stupid and basic punk rock."

In a May 2005 interview with Billboard, Damon Albarn stated his desire to perform again with Coxon, saying "I'm waiting for Graham to talk to me again. I'd love to see if we could make another record. I miss playing live in something that I grew up in" [read: Damon Albarn offers hope of Coxon reunion]. However, Coxon has repeatedly played down rumours of his playing with the band.

Albarn also revealed details of a new solo project in the works, following his collaborative "Mali Music" record: "I'm halfway through a record that I started in Nigeria last year."

"I suppose will end up being my first solo record, although I hate the term 'solo record'."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: