mxdpi Forum : Star Wars fans rejoice!

Forum Navigation FAQSearch Profile Log inRegister

Star Wars fans rejoice!

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teknofriend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:58 am    Post subject: Star Wars fans rejoice! Reply with quote

Star Wars fans with a spare 13-plus hours (not counting extras) can now watch the groundbreaking saga from start to finish. With Tuesday's release of Star Wars, Episode III: Revenge of the Sith (about $30) all six films are on DVD.

"People will be able to watch it as one linear story, which was George's original intention," says Hayden Christensen. He played Anakin Skywalker in this year's Sith and 2002's Attack of the Clones. In this week's battle of the heavyweight DVD releases, Lucas' Sith is likely to beat Steven Spielberg's War of the Worlds and be among the year's top sellers, says Scott Hettrick, home entertainment editor for DVD Exclusive magazine. Sith, he says, "is the final chapter in the saga that anyone who has ever been a fan of Star Wars will want to own."

And another reason for rejoice? The Extras!

Within a Minute: The Making of Episode III, a 78-minute segment, chronicles the 70,441 hours it took to create 60 seconds of Anakin and Obi-Wan Kenobi's lightsaber duel. "It's rather extraordinary, the separate departments and number of people whose skills are involved to make this one minute," says Ian McDiarmid, who plays Supreme Chancellor Palpatine/Darth Sidious.

Among the six deleted scenes is Yoda's arrival on Dagobah, where Luke Skywalker finds him in The Empire Strikes Back.

There are two levels of the Xbox version of the Star Wars Battlefront II video game and an Easter egg that shows Yoda dancing to a hip-hop beat.

I can't wait to get my hands on it!
Kaabi

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, when I saw this topic I thought they were going to make another Star Wars. When did the first Star Wars come out? I know it was in the mid-70s... yet probably 25 years after episode 6 came out episode 3 came out. Weird, isn't it? Those die hard fans from the 70s sure had to wait awhile.
kinkarso

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 4:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They made 4,5,6 first becuase the books are more exciting on those episodes than episodes 1,2,3. I don't really notice any exciting differences.
zypherious

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The first star wars film came out in 1974 and George Lucas decided to make the second triology first because it appears to be the most exciting one to film at the time. Did you know that every studio in Hollywood passed over Star Wars as impossible and too silly an idea to produce? Only 20th century Fox agreed to give $10 million to Lucas and as you know, the rest is history. The movie and its sequels became the most successful films of all time in North American movie history. Lucas asked for ownership of all merchandice associated with Star Wars and control of all future seqels of Star Wars which made him a billionaire and caused Fox to lose untold fortune in revenues.

George Lucas is one smart guy.
BulletMonk

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Why would I rejoice? I have the 1,2,3 (Anakin) on dvds and I have 4,5,6 (Luke) on video tapes!

Unfortunately I have nothing to watch them on =)).Anyway,the ones about Luke were much, much better then the ones with Anakin even though they're related.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Movies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: