mxdpi Forum : 'Dr. Death' coming to big screen

Forum Navigation FAQSearch Profile Log inRegister

'Dr. Death' coming to big screen

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
nuttylove

PostPosted: Fri Oct 28, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: 'Dr. Death' coming to big screen Reply with quote

"You Don't Know Jack" is based on an unpublished biography of Dr.Jack Kevorkian who is a proponent of physician-assisted suicide. An Oscar-winning director Barbara Kopple has agreed to turn his story into a movie.
The project marks the first time the 77-year-old physician, nicknamed Dr. Death, has fully authorized anyone to tell his story.

The film's producer said that "It's not a film about euthanasia but instead a look at a passionate man who spent his entire life fighting for rights he believes that every human should have." Kevorkian is serving the seventh year of a 15- to 25-year prison sentence.

Should be interesting to see the reactions to this controversial topic on film.
Kaabi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I heard about this somewhere, my dad once told me about it. How could they make this into a movie? I don't see it's entertainment value; maybe I should read more into it.
zypherious

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh, Hollywood is known for making even the most boring story into a full-blown dramtic movie and I'm sure they have plenty of ideas what to put in the story. I expect that they haven't even started on casting the actors yet but I imagine they would choose someone like Ralph Finnes for the main character role.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Movies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: