mxdpi Forum : `Chocolate Factory' a real treat

Forum Navigation FAQSearch Profile Log inRegister

`Chocolate Factory' a real treat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teknofriend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:18 am    Post subject: `Chocolate Factory' a real treat Reply with quote

More chocolate please? In this case, more chocolate and Johnny Depp please? This week in video, Tim Burton's take on a classic story proves to be a sweet surprise, while Tim Allen's latest Christmas movie turns out to be as indigestible as a year-old fruitcake.

The deluxe two-disc DVD contains several shorts that offer background on the film's special effects, costumes and music. There's even a segment devoted to the undoubtedly patient people who trained the squirrels for the hilarious sequence in the nut-sorting room. An assortment of games is also included, which will be a great relief for those who need instruction in dancing like an Oompa Loompa.

Mmmm..delicious.

Kaabi

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 2:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think the original was far superior. For one, I really don't like the actors who play Charlie and the grandpa. The grandpa looks too skinny, and I just hate how Charlie looks. I think that kid is ugly. I actually didn't see the movie, and I don't plan on seeing it. The game also sucks, although I haven't played it, I read reviews, and it got a 1 out of 5 on the game review show X-Play. Harsh.
killian

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 6:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I still haven't seen it. I have been really scared to watch it. I love Gene Wilder in the first film. I can't imagine Depp doing better, not that I don't like him. I think I will finally make it happen now that the DVD is coming out.

I bet you do end up seeing it Kaabi. Eventually you will be bored enough, or it will be on cable. It's sort of hard to avoid movies like that.
zypherious

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I watched it and I absolutely love it! The dvd has great extra behind the scenes and you'll love the oompa-loompa dances. I must warn you that their song is kind of addicting though. I think the kid who played Charlie is not that bad, and he was excellent in 'Finding Neverland'.
Kaabi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well I haven't seen it, so I wouldn't know much, may you're right, Z. It's just in the commercial they look so weird. I think the original is cool because if you go on line there's this site that points out all these mistakes in the movie and it's fun to see them. I forget the site though, sorry.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Movies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: