mxdpi Forum : Destiny's Child tops U.S. chart with hits package

Forum Navigation FAQSearch Profile Log inRegister

Destiny's Child tops U.S. chart with hits package

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
zypherious

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 2:19 am    Post subject: Destiny's Child tops U.S. chart with hits package Reply with quote

LOS ANGELES (Billboard) - R&B trio Destiny's Child's "#1's" lived up to its misleading title with a chart-topping bow on the U.S. albums chart Wednesday, although sales fell far short of those for its previous No. 1 release. According to Nielsen SoundScan, Destiny's Child sold a relatively modest 113,000 copies of its Sony Urban Music/Columbia swansong in the week ended October 30.

The trio topped the chart one other time with 2001's "Survivor," which racked up first-week sales of 663,000 copies and has sold 4.3 million to date. Though not every song has topped a Billboard chart, the new 16-track collection does include four Hot 100 No. 1s: "Bills, Bills, Bills," "Say My Name," "Independent Women Part 1" and "Bootylicious."

Previous champ Ashlee Simpson tumbled to No. 6 as her sophomore effort "I Am Me" (Geffen) sold 73,000 copies in its second week. (Please someone make her disappear from the music industry, if only I'm rich, I'll pay her to stop singing).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: