mxdpi Forum : Hudson takes legal action over 'skinny' pictures

Forum Navigation FAQSearch Profile Log inRegister

Hudson takes legal action over 'skinny' pictures

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Celebrities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teknofriend

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:05 am    Post subject: Hudson takes legal action over 'skinny' pictures Reply with quote

Kate Hudson is taking legal action against five publications which published photographs the actress claims falsely imply she has an eating disorder. The Almost Famous star, 26, is furious over the images which she says suggest her actress mother Goldie Hawn and other close family members are severely worried about her weight.

Hudson has enlisted London law firm Schillings, and letters have been sent to British publications the Daily Mail, the National Enquirer, Heat, Closer and Star.

A representative for Schillings says: "Ms Hudson will argue in the courts that the images in question gave a seriously false and misleading impression as to her true physical condition, in that she was portrayed as being dangerously thin with an eating disorder."

Lawyers at the firm say an investigation into how the photographs were, taken, sold and published will play a key role.
Kaabi

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2005 9:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once again, a celebrity is complaining about something bad that happened to her. She's rich, why doesn't she just buy herself an island so she can feel better. Or maybe purchase another house the size of a small country in order to relieve the pain of being exploited like this. If I was a celebrity, I would go to those papers and tell them to make fun of me for the people's entertainment. I would also star as myself on a Mad TV saying how stupid I was or something. When your rich, I don't think it matters if you're in a magazine or something, you're still loved by thousands and you can buy anything.
zypherious

PostPosted: Thu Nov 10, 2005 8:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I totally agree with you. I mean, there are a lot of people who don't make half of what they're making or making payments on their own home plus a lot of problems. These celebrities are making a big deal out of everything. They have millions of dollars, hang out with beautiful people, own muliple homes and the most expensive cars so everytime they complain about something, it's laughable.
Kaabi

PostPosted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope I get rich and famous, just so I can revolutionize the celebrity world. Instead of actors having to play me on sketch shows, I will play myself, and get paid for it! I hate celebrites, kind of, because they get paid more then the people who really matter, mainly stem cell researchers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Celebrities All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: