mxdpi Forum : Ashlee comes back for more

Forum Navigation FAQSearch Profile Log inRegister

Ashlee comes back for more

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teknofriend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 1:57 am    Post subject: Ashlee comes back for more Reply with quote

Ashlee Simpson knows what it's like to be a national joke, but she's getting the last laugh. In October, almost a year to the day that she had her infamous "Saturday Night Live" lip-synching mishap, Simpson's second album, "I Am Me" (Geffen) debuted at No. 1, giving her two No. 1 albums at the age of 21.

"It's pretty amazing," said Simpson, calling during a break from her current tour. "I definitely didn't know that it would be No. 1. I've had my share of highs and lows this year, but I wasn't nervous about the record. I was personally proud of the record."

Like her debut "Autobiography," Simpson wrote or co-wrote all the songs on "I Am Me." However, the new album shows Simpson stretching beyond the pop-rock that made her first album successful. For example, "L.O.V.E.," which will be Simpson's next single, sounds more like a Christina Aguilera dance number than a Courtney Love rocker. "Now that I'm 21, I'm doing a lot of exploring and I like all kinds of music," Simpson said. "For 'L.O.V.E.,' I was kind of going for a European, dancey kind of feel. And now it's my favorite song to perform."

Simpson said her tour, which stops at North Fork Bank Theatre at Westbury on Nov. 27 - the concert originally scheduled for this Sunday was changed because of a scheduling conflict - is already a success because of fan reaction to her new songs. "They're already singing every word with me," she said. "It's the coolest feeling in the whole world. The first time it happened was with my first single 'Pieces of Me' and my heart dropped to the floor; it was so great. It's like they're going through the same things I am or having as much fun as I am."

Though her tour is just start- ing, Simpson agreed that her biggest show is already behind her - the much-awaited return to "Saturday Night Live."

"I didn't expect my reaction to be so strong to it," she said. "But I was so nervous and I was walking up to do the song, saying 'OK, you can do this. You can do this.' I didn't expect my reaction to be so strong, so 'I'm so proud of myself,' but I was so relieved after I finished my first song. There's nothing like facing your demons."

Though Simpson is sure people will still ask her about it - along with asking how her sister Jessica's marriage to Nick Lachey is going ("They're fine," Simpson says) - she feels the episode is behind her. "I went back and faced something that was a complete mess-up for me and I conquered it," she said.

"I had to find an inner strength and be able to block out people and things that people are saying and be able to say, 'I'm going to do what I can do,'" Simpson added. "And I think my fans are so supportive and are like, 'Yes!' because that's the way they are in their day-to-day lives as well. That's how everybody is. I might fall on my face, but I'll pick myself up and keep going."
zypherious

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, Ashlee because the next time when you fall on your face, there won't be any pieces left to pick up.
daisytx16

PostPosted: Mon Nov 21, 2005 3:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: