mxdpi Forum : FANTASIA BEAT OUT OF 'DREAMGIRLS' ROLE

Forum Navigation FAQSearch Profile Log inRegister

FANTASIA BEAT OUT OF 'DREAMGIRLS' ROLE

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teknofriend

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 2:49 am    Post subject: FANTASIA BEAT OUT OF 'DREAMGIRLS' ROLE Reply with quote

American Idol finalist Jennifer Hudson has landed the much-sought-after starring role of Effie in the movie version of Dreamgirls. "It is the ultimate, the greatest role in theater history," Hudson told USA Today. "Why me? I'm still in shock. I just got to Los Angeles Monday night and started rehearsals yesterday." She'll join castmates Beyoncé Knowles, Jamie Foxx and Eddie Murphy. Idol winner Fantasia Barrino was considered a front-runner for the role, but Hudson prevailed. "We talked about it," director and writer Bill Condon said of casting Fantasia. "She has a lot of fans, including me. She is an amazing human being and has an abundance of talent. No one lost. Someone just emerged who was perfect."
zypherious

PostPosted: Sun Nov 20, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fantasia is probably the most undeserving american idol and I'm not surprised she was ditched for this role.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: