mxdpi Forum : Madonna Accused Of 'Stealing Sample'

Forum Navigation FAQSearch Profile Log inRegister

Madonna Accused Of 'Stealing Sample'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chandu

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2005 12:15 pm    Post subject: Madonna Accused Of 'Stealing Sample' Reply with quote

Superstar Madonna has been reportedly accused of using a disco sample without permission on her hit new album Confessions On A Dance Floor.

Composer Dominic King tells The Sun newspaper the Material Girl allegedly used his disco riff on her album track Get Together.

King claims he originally lifted the riff from Chaka Khan's track Fate - with permission - and used it for the hit dance anthem Music Sounds Better With You, performed by Stardust.

King says, "I know her song uses my riff and I'm surprised myself and co-writer Frank Musker didn't get a call.

"It would have been nice to have been asked.

"I am almost certain a discussion about money will happen with her people. These things can be settled in retrospect and something will definitely be happening, believe me."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: