mxdpi Forum : Beaten Federer refuses to blame tough schedule

Forum Navigation FAQSearch Profile Log inRegister

Beaten Federer refuses to blame tough schedule

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chandu

PostPosted: Sat Dec 17, 2005 5:55 pm    Post subject: Beaten Federer refuses to blame tough schedule Reply with quote

World number one Roger Federer on Sunday refused to blame the tough tennis schedule for his defeat in the Masters Cup final, where he threw away a two-set lead on his return from injury.

Federer, who struggled from the third set and needed treatment in the fourth, was kicking himself for letting the match slip by but said the better player had won.

"I think I should have won after being up two sets to love. That doesn't happen every day, I lose matches like this," said Federer, who was on a Masters Cup hat-trick and chasing his 12th title of the year.

"But he definitely always puts up a good fight. Our matches have always been close."

Federer had been out since October 2 after damaging ankle ligaments but he said the schedule was not at fault, calling the withdrawal of five top players a "bad coincidence".

"I don't see anything wrong, and this was just a coincidence, a bad coincidence for this tournament," he said.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Sports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: