mxdpi Forum : Ronaldinho named World Player of the Year

Forum Navigation FAQSearch Profile Log inRegister

Ronaldinho named World Player of the Year

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Sports
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chandu

PostPosted: Tue Dec 20, 2005 8:02 pm    Post subject: Ronaldinho named World Player of the Year Reply with quote

Brazil and Barcelona playmaker Ronaldinho picked up his second successive World Player of the Year award from soccer's governing body FIFA on Monday.

He is the third Brazilian to win the world and European player awards in the same year after Ronaldo in 1997 and 2002, and Rivaldo in 1999.

Ronaldinho picked up 956 points to comfortably beat Chelsea's England midfielder Frank Lampard (306) in the FIFA vote by national coaches and captains around the world.

The Brazilian's Barcelona team mate Samuel Eto'o of Cameroon finished in third place with 190 points.

"I would like to say thank you to all my team mates and national team because without them all I would not be here," Ronaldinho told the FIFA Gala, hosted at the lakeside opera house in snowy Zurich.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Sports All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: