mxdpi Forum : Adams Plays In Pakistan

Forum Navigation FAQSearch Profile Log inRegister

Adams Plays In Pakistan

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Music
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chandu

PostPosted: Mon Jan 30, 2006 4:31 pm    Post subject: Adams Plays In Pakistan Reply with quote

Canadian rocker Bryan Adams pledged to help rebuild Pakistan yesterday (29JAN06) when he became the first Western musician to perform in the country since the "war on terror" began in 2001.

The Run To You hitmaker praised the nation and promised to help raise awareness of the crisis faced since the country was devastated by an earthquake on 8 October (05).

Speaking from Karachi, he says, "I feel OK here and my perception of Pakistan is much like a lot of other places.

"I've been out for the last 20 years and I think people are people and I don't have a different perception of Pakistan.

"First of all it's exciting because, as far as I know, we are the first Western artists to come and play a big concert here.

"The perception around the world right now of Pakistan obviously is a country in need of help and as a Canadian I am very happy and very proud to be part of this evening performance.

"We are going to raise a lot of money to hopefully help rebuild some schools in the area that has been devastated."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Music All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: