mxdpi Forum : Apple or Windows?

Forum Navigation FAQSearch Profile Log inRegister

Apple or Windows?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > General Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
teknofriend

PostPosted: Wed Oct 26, 2005 9:35 am    Post subject: Apple or Windows? Reply with quote

Which computer are you a fan of? I personally use Windows for most of my daily routine tasks like writing paper, doing presentation, researching, etc. I use apple for my design work in 3D and photoshop plus storing my digital pictures.
Kaabi

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2005 7:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macs are good computers for doing digital photo work and making movies. But it runs online games and movies extremely slow and it pisses me off. So I use the windows when I want to do something like that. Problem is, my windows is really crappy. It's a Compaq Windows ME, the worst computer hardware designer paired with the worst edition of Windows. Trust me, it's not good.
killian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Windows. I use it for graphics and audio and it performs well at both. I like Mac I will buy one some day just for novelty. Maybe for testing web sites or something
BulletMonk

PostPosted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 11:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

As kaabi said macs are for graphics and maybe game design,since that's a little different from normal graphics.Windows on the other hand is a thing used broadly and basicly for anything you want,but it doesn't have a specific thing whicjh it is used/best for.It all depends on how you set and tweak everything.
teknofriend

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree that Macs are good for graphics, in fact too good for spectacular designs and animations. Many of the popular printe magazines are done on Mac and what's that CG movie we all love....yes, Shrek is from Pixar, founded by Mac's creator Steve Jobs. Mac tries very hard to convince people that their machines does everything windows does---only better. But many people I talked to seem attracted to only the 'pretty' design of Macs but they are still attached to windows when it comes to usual work-related stuff like word or excel. Also, they are scared by the stories that mac runs slowly on the internet.
kinkarso

PostPosted: Thu Nov 03, 2005 5:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Macs are good for personal use, and windows is good for everything. I really preffer Windows much more than Mac, because it is much easier to use and more organized for me.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > General Discussion All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: