mxdpi Forum : My Big Fat Greek Mariage

Forum Navigation FAQSearch Profile Log inRegister

My Big Fat Greek Mariage

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Movies
View previous topic :: View next topic  
BulletMonk

PostPosted: Fri Oct 21, 2005 8:11 pm    Post subject: My Big Fat Greek Mariage Reply with quote

This movie is a blast!It's go to be one of the best comedies I have seen in my whole life!It combines great humour and everything else you'd want in a comedy and it doesn't hurt the greek people since it's true and they aren't showed as gays and sinfull people like in "Alexander".
Kaabi

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't you mean My Big Fat Greek Wedding? There have been so many parodies of that movie, and I never have seen it. My father saw it and he told me it wasn't good. I never wanted to see it, I just didn't like the name. It probably is good though because my dad has bad taste in movies.
alice_in8

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it might be true for Greeks that moved to America 100 years ago and so kept with the ideas of the time. This is true for most immigrants as well.

But Greece now is a very advanced and progressive society. So what is going on in the movie is very untrue for Greeks in Greece who are a very openminded society indeed. One of the most liberal in Europe.
BulletMonk

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 10:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I used to live in Greece and I can't say that it is different from any other country I have been in/lived in.But after moving to Israel i was badly surprised about the fact that everything seems to be the same but the people are totally different.Now I'm used to it...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Movies All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: