mxdpi Forum : Madonna: 'America Not Ready For Female President'

Forum Navigation FAQSearch Profile Log inRegister

Madonna: 'America Not Ready For Female President'

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Celebrities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chandu

PostPosted: Mon Mar 27, 2006 4:52 pm    Post subject: Madonna: 'America Not Ready For Female President' Reply with quote

Madonna wants Hillary Clinton to run for president in 2008, although she's convinced America isn't yet ready for a female leader.

The New York Senator and former First Lady is widely tipped to be a Democrat candidate in the race to replace George W Bush in the White House.

But Madonna fears Americans won't trust a female president.

She tells Out magazine, "Hillary should go for it. I don't think now is necessarily her time, or the Democrats' time, but she should certainly go for it.

"You've got to start somewhere, in terms of a woman leading the US. In Europe and Asia and elsewhere, women have ruled over millions, it's not an abstract concept. But in America, men are still afraid.

"And I don't think women are too comfortable with the idea of a female in charge. I find that really amazing."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Celebrities All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: