mxdpi Forum : Tom Jones knighted

Forum Navigation FAQSearch Profile Log inRegister

Tom Jones knighted

Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Celebrities
View previous topic :: View next topic  
chandu

PostPosted: Wed Mar 29, 2006 10:19 pm    Post subject: Tom Jones knighted Reply with quote

Veteran singer Tom Jones has collected a knighthood from Queen Elizabeth Ii for services to music.

The It'S Not Unusual star, who will now be known as Sir Tom Jones, was invested under his birth name of Thomas Woodward at Buckingham Palace.

The 65-year-old, born to a miner in the Welsh valleys, says, "Accepting a knighthood is a great and humbling honour. I know my family - and I hope my friends and fans - will share my gratitude and excitement.

"I can only thank the fans who have supported me for years for making it possible.

"It is fantastic. It was lovely to see the Queen again. I love seeing the Queen and I have always been a royalist. She is lovely and she still is lovely. She has got a great smile and her whole face lights up when she smiles."
Post new topic   Reply to topic    It's you!You are here: mxdpi Forum Index > Celebrities All times are GMT
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: